"A time is coming and in fact has come when you will be scattered, each to your own home. You will leave me all alone. Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me." John 16:32

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Enjoying the water

Before Elijah was born, we got to enjoy the beautiful lakes in Idaho this summer.  I have to say the lakes up here are definitely much cleaner (although nothing can really beat good 'ol Lake Smell-sa-more, I mean Elsinore!)  But the water is SO cold!  I guess that's the exchange for only getting a high of 100 degrees 3 days out of the whole summer.  Washington is pretty spoiled by a summer filled with days averaging 85.   We only had to run our a/c about 3 weeks.  Then again, if I wasn't 9 months pregnant I'm sure I wouldn't have had it on as much.
Lake Coeur d'Alene (30 min. from where we live)
Noah is a huge water baby!  It doesn't matter how cold the water was he did not want to get out!  He loves splashing himself in the face and everyone around him. This is a lake in Sandpointe, ID (can't remember the name) about 90 min. away.  This lake had a beach front play area for kids.  You can rent a house-boat here as well.  Oh and they also have a beached whale!  This is Noah and me the day before Elijah was born.
At this lake they had a big play ground.  For some reason Noah has a huge fear of things that move.  Swings, rides, anything that he doesn't control.  He's just now getting used to going down slides by himself.
Aren't they cute! (Minus the pacifier we finally got rid of!  yeah)

No comments: